Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Great week!

Hey family! This has been a great week!  Started off with exchanges on Tuesday.  I went to a tiny town called Summerside with Elder McKenney.  Elder McKenny has been out 20 months, but his story is interesting.  He got called to the Ukraine East mission, he spent 12 weeks in the MTC, then the mission got canceled for obvious reasons.  Then he went to Kiev Ukraine for a year until they said there was too many missionaries in that mission.  Then he got sent here.  He is a great guy, but that area was soooo slow.  We didn't talk to anyone hardly.  That town was soo tiny.  Wednesday I was back with my companion.  That day was slow as well.  We didn't have any lessons planned so we spent the whole contacting.  Thursday was a powerful day.  We were visiting a less active couple, and the experienced I shared with them was sooo powerful.  The spirit was so strong.  The past few days we've been fasting and praying not only for our investigators, who know this church is true but can't come to church because of work, but we also fasted for the sister's investigator.  The sister's have been teaching Michelle for a while and she is getting baptized this Saturday, but Michelle didn't come to church yesterday with her baptism on Saturday, we don't know what's going on with her.  As of now the baptism is still on, but we will see.  The highlight of my week was Shania Twain.  There was a huge concert 5 minutes away from our apartment.  We were knocking in a neighborhood that was sooo close to the concert, we heard all the singers that sang before Shania.  On our way home we drove right past the concert, it was her opening song...How cool!  Well that's my week! I am going to send you a letter with more details of my week. I love you all sooooo much! I am praying for all of you....stay strong and healthy....scripture of the week. D & C 68:6






No comments:

Post a Comment