Email from Sept. 8th
Hello family, Elder King here.
My week has been great. On Tuesday we had a district meeting like we always do, and I went on exchanges again with one of the zone leaders, Elder Raymont. Being with him taught me so much. Whenever Elder Dudley and I go street contacting or knocking, we sometimes have a negative attitude about talking to sketchy people, and we always just assume that everyone is a tourist or Catholic. When I was with Elder Raymont, he talked to EVERYONE! He was so friendly and outgoing to be people I'd avoid, but some of the sketchy people we talked to were actually nicer than some other people we've talked to. I learned a ton just being with him for a day. On Wednesday, I used the skills Elder Raymont taught me! I found myself talking to people that I would have avoided a week prior. It has gotten so much easier talking to people. It has gotten to the point where Elder Dudley and I would split up and talk to different people at the same time (We were still in sight and sound of each other). Later that day, we gave a church tour our golden investigator. He seriously is golden! He reads everything we give him, he does his own personal research and studies, and he is on DATE FOR OCTOBER 11, I'm not quite sure yet, but I might be the one to baptize him! We ate at the Bishop's house that evening. They have 5 kids, one of the kids was having an allergic reaction, so me and Bishop gave their son a, that was a cool experience. The rest of the week was kinda boring. We visited, a "less active" (He goes to church every Sunday), he is so cool. He is in his 40's, but he acts like a teenager. He is just so down to earth. He is another "family away from home". Friday-Sunday we just contacted. One of the Sister's investigators was supposed to be baptized Saturday, but cancelled. So the four of us, Elder Dudley, Sister Thompson, Sister Lewis, and I all went to her house to see what's up. (We co-teach with the sisters) She has a lot of issues, I don't want to go into details, but she is back on date for this coming Saturday, hopefully all goes well. Well that's my week in a nutshell. I love the area, it is so nice and pretty and we have someone on date so no i don't want to be transferred. I mean Elder Dudley and I get along really well, i just need to think about what i say before i say it, we are a good companionship. I love you all and miss you! Keep me in your prayers! Love, Elder King
No comments:
Post a Comment